Saturday, August 1, 2009

Brighten the Corner...

December 8, 2007 - Saturday
Brighten the corner where you are.
So I get up this morning and go downstairs to say "something" to my husband and he reminds me he is eating breakfast. I decide I will go for a walk and when I get down to the garage I discover that it is pouring rain. Anyone who knows me well knows I would much rather be in bed than go anywhere in the rain. But I was upset with myself for not remembering that he likes it quiet before he's had breakfast/coffee. So I put up my umbrella and start walking... I think I was punishing myself... Then I saw a lady about to dash out for her morning paper sans umbrella and I quickly picked it up and handed it to her. She smiled and thanked me and I was on my way. An edlerly man opened his door and spotteed his paper almost at the curb. I called out "Stay dry; I'll get it." He, too, smiled , thanked me, and said I was a good Samaritan. It then occurred to me that I could put everyone's paper, who was on my walking route, on their porch. I was already damp and cold no sense for anyone else to be. I was in such a better mood when I got home. I had hellped people, and I had walked!
7:54 AM - 3 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments:

Post a Comment